Legacy Gaming Roleplay

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Newsletter #1

Dairyll
    Dairyll
    Game Administrator
    Game Administrator

Newsletter #1 Empty Newsletter #1

Post by Dairyll Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:15 am

Newsletter #1

I've made some changes on the server exam, making some questions a little easier, but still maintaining the standards for LG:RP. It seems to be filtering out a lot of people, but that has its own pros and cons. Some pros are: We'll have less trolls running around. There's no point in trolling after you go through that exam unless you're really that sad in life. The server will also have more people who are actually capable of roleplaying with the degree of fluency needed to be understood by everyone. Cons? The population will not peak in a very timely manner. A lot of people, even good roleplayers, will get thrown off by the exam. Population will come in due time, though. We all just have to be patient.

Speaking of population, I bought 1 month of Hosted Tab for the server and will continue to do so as long as we have the sufficient funds. I'd like to plug the Platinum VIP sale that's currently going on (at the time of this posting) where you can get 90 days of Platinum VIP instead of the normal 30 when you donate $15.00 to the server. Click here to learn more about that. All the funds that are donated for the server will go to the benefit of the server. I already have a job in real life, so I don't really need to make money off this. If any of you guys are interested in where exactly the funds go, just send me PM and I'll answer your questions.

Now, I want to address the fuel and hunger system. There's a bit of a bug with the fuel system where a vehicle, when parked (/park) or respawned, has its engine on by default. I'm trying to find a way around SA-MP's systems to make sure that all vehicles respawn with their engine off, but for now, I encourage everyone to check their vehicles whenever they /park it. The hunger system, on the other hand, works flawlessly. I know it's a bit weird that the higher the hunger level is, the less hungry you are, but I'll think of a better term to replace "Hunger" in "Hunger Level" -- "Fullness Level" maybe?

I've also removed Sophia Jackson as the EMS leader due to inactivity, so we're looking for a new one for that faction. If you're interested, head over to the Faction Leadership Application section to apply. We need a leader who can play for at least 4 hours a day for 5 days a week since the server is still new and people will want to be a part of factions and families. Speaking of families, family slots are still available with no member requirements. We do enforce a rule on inactive families though. Start your own family by clicking here.

Lastly, all future updates on the gamemode will be recorded in a changelog system which I'll post here whenever there's a server maintenance. This is to keep everyone updated with the changes made on the script.

Thank you for your support. Have fun playing!
    Disciple
    Disciple

Newsletter #1 Empty Re: Newsletter #1

Post by Disciple Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:19 am

Cool!

But I have a question about Families. Will you be adding turfs anytime soon or until the server really gets popular?
    Dairyll
    Dairyll
    Game Administrator
    Game Administrator

Post by Dairyll Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:28 am

Turf zones to designate influence? Probably. But not turf wars. Turf wars turn streets into DM fests. At least point wars are contained into specific areas.
    ChrisK
    Game Administrator
    Game Administrator

Post by ChrisK Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:52 am

Replace the hunger with satiation.
    Frot
    Frot

Post by Frot Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:59 am

I think turfs/turf wars should be implemented once the server has its target stable player base. Turf makes people to RP of course and if we assign some admins from the Department of Gang Affairs to spec them then we can implement the turfs properly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content